AN INGRAM MICRO EXPERT SERVICE
Identify Network Security Weaknesses Before Intruders Attack
Data breaches cost American businesses millions of dollars each year and the number of malicious or criminal attacks is on the rise. Network security weaknesses can create an easy path for cyber attackers to gain access and compromise sensitive data and applications.
Most organizations don’t test their software until it has been created and nears the deployment phase. This practice is ineffective and contributes to higher software development costs. Identifying and correcting network vulnerabilities is critical in protecting any organization from harmful attacks and should be used as part of an ongoing strategy to support an organization’s software development lifecycle.
A Web Application Vulnerability Assessment can help organizations identify
vulnerabilities and provides a recommended approach to remediate these vulnerabilities based on industry best practices.
As part of the assessment, technical architects assume the role of an external attacker to attempt to exploit potential weaknesses. Comprehensive tests
evaluate web applications source code against known exploitable vulnerabilities.
Based on results, recommendations for strengthening the source code to reduce the possibility of exploits by an attacker are provided. The survey results include analysis of vulnerabilities such as:
- SQL injection
- Cross site scripting
- Cross site request forgery
- Buffer overflows
- Weak authentication
- Improper data sanitation
- Increase sales of network security software and appliances
- Identifying risks before it becomes a problem builds “trusted advisor” relationship with customer
- Unbiased, third-party assistance designed to achieve the best possible outcome for the customer based on analytics
- Increased margins through an expanded services portfolio
- Fixed price services eliminate surprises and provides predictable costs