Never imagined a world where meetings from a balcony or a newly decluttered office nook would become commonplace? The reality of working from anywhere is liberating but requires a great deal of discipline and a few great tools for optimal productivity. We've put together some great tips on how you can enable the Anywhere Office to give both your customers and their employees secure productivity and connectivity wherever they're working.
1. Enabling the Anywhere Office
- Set up a workspace. No matter the location, employees should be able to set up a place where they can easily access their necessary work materials. This can be difficult for workers who spend most of their time working remotely. In these cases, it's essential to set up working consistencies. There might be particular objects that an employee always uses—a to-go mug, writing utensils, a lap desk, favourite headphones, etc. Keeping details like this uniform when working remotely can simulate the feel of having a home office.
- Find the right tools. After a physical space for working is set up, it must be equipped with the necessary tools, including a laptop and dependable internet connectivity. While this can be a challenge when working away from the office, using LTE-enabled devices can provide consistent connectivity.
- Work at any time. Stay connected. Investing in reliable connectivity ensures continuous productivity for remote workers. LTE-enabled devices such as the Microsoft Surface Pro or Surface Go ensure they have options for connectivity other than potentially unreliable home Internet connections.
2. The always-connected Anywhere Office - Staying connected can cost-effective
LTE-enabled Microsoft Surface Devices provide considerable cost savings when Wi-Fi is unreliable:
- Time savings. Staying connected through remote meetings saved almost one hour of lost time. When Wi-Fi is unreliable, insecure, or unavailable, work can still be done using an LTE-connected device.
- Increased productivity. Even in a cellular dead zone, you are able to connect with LTE-enabled devices and take a call over a Bluetooth headset.
- Improved business reputation. Being in control of connectivity can improve the way workers are perceived. Connectivity, when you're already running late, can be a huge problem. If more remote workers are equipped with an LTE-enabled Surface device, there can be fewer issues.
3. Securing the Anywhere Office
Whether in the field, on the floor, or out on the road, employees need LTE-enabled devices with access to secure, fast, 4G LTE networks that keep pace with their productivity, wherever they work. The Surface Pro and Surface Go with LTE Advanced offers unmatched security and productivity. Surface Pro and Surface Go Security features include:
- Trusted Platform Module 2.0. Trusted Platform Module (TPM) technology is designed to provide hardware-based, security-related functions. A TPM chip is a secure crypto-processor that helps you with actions like generating, storing, and limiting cryptographic key use.
- Surface Enterprise Management Mode with Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security Integration and Management. Microsoft Surface Enterprise Management Mode (SEMM) is a feature of Surface devices with Surface UEFI that allows you to secure and manage firmware settings within your organization. With SEMM, IT professionals can prepare configurations of UEFI settings and install them on a Surface device. SEMM also uses a certificate to protect the configuration from unauthorized tampering or removal.
- Device Encryption. Encryption helps protect the data on your device so it can only be accessed by people who have authorization.
- Windows Hello Enabled. Windows Hello logs you into your Windows devices three times faster than a password. Use your camera to recognize your face to securely log into your Surface.
4. Tools that make the Anywhere Office a reality - Modern hardware delivers modern results
Remote workers can't do their jobs if they don't have an updated machine contained in a portable package that's powerful enough to run software they need and maintain a secure internet connection.
New LTE-enabled Surface devices from Microsoft are optimized to work with Microsoft 365 and are made for the modern remote worker. According to a recent Forrester study, working with Microsoft 365 on an LTE-enabled Surface offers the following benefits:
- Save time. On average, employees save five to nine hours on common tasks each week.
- Improve employee experience. Seventy-five percent of users agree that Microsoft 365 and Surface improve employee satisfaction.
- Increase productivity. 12 percent of workers reported nearly 5 hours of weekly productivity gains.
- Promote security. An LTE-enabled Surface allows for safe connectivity wherever people get work done.
For more information, please contact our Microsoft Surface Expert
905-755-000 ext. 55406